So Your On A Desert Island...

Started by RJS, April 11, 2014 · 14 Replies · 3,336 Views

RJS

And you can only have one piece of equipment, you would choose...?

P-bars

Christian

Teleportation station :-)

RJS

No , gymnastic stuff!!

Unless the teleporter can be used as a squat rack

Jon Douglas

Speaking as a resident of a desert island continent... bar fridge and rings to hang on a palm tree.

Rayne-William

I am guessing the original poster meant deserted island.

 

I'll take just my yoga floor mat. I can do pull ups and dips off of tree branches.

 

Leave a basic handsaw and I'll make what I need.

RJS
GoldenEagle said:

I am guessing the original poster meant deserted island.

 

I'll take just my yoga floor mat. I can do pull ups and dips off of tree branches.

 

Leave a basic handsaw and I'll make what I need.

Oops, ya, meant deserted. Basically having trouble sleeping, so i thought whats the most versatile and user friendly piece of gymnastic apparatus. Rings is an easy choice, but requires serious preparation. I think if i could only keep one of my tools, it would be the parallel bars.

Micawberian

A stick for dislocates!!! Wait no I could get that from tree branches. huh oh geez, I could also carve out wooden rings and use roped leaves as straps. Hmm, I guess I would take stall bars! But, no, wait...could I make those too? Probably. Okay, I'll take an axe with me to chop down all the wood for this stuff.

 

Final answer: a heavy metal stick...for dislocates!

TANSTAAFL
Micawberian said:

A stick for dislocates!!! Wait no I could get that from tree branches. huh oh geez, I could also carve out wooden rings and use roped leaves as straps. Hmm, I guess I would take stall bars! But, no, wait...could I make those too? Probably. Okay, I'll take an axe with me to chop down all the wood for this stuff.

 

Final answer: a heavy metal stick...for dislocates!

This guy is awesome. A stick...final answer? You could probably find something to weigh the stick down on the island too, but I totally wanna see the news story of the dude who got rescued from the deserted island with only a heavy metal stick to his name.

Micawberian
TANSTAAFL said:

This guy is awesome. A stick...final answer? You could probably find something to weigh the stick down on the island too, but I totally wanna see the news story of the dude who got rescued from the deserted island with only a heavy metal stick to his name.

Damn, I didn't even think of weighing the stick down. Stupid! I guess this is what my boss meant when he said I am not allowed to operate the chainsaw anymore.

MattProulx

Some sort of cutting tool, machete, knife or axe. Everything else can be made. Need to make tools to either hunt or fish. Remember, diet is most important!

TANSTAAFL
MattProulx said:

Some sort of cutting tool, machete, knife or axe. Everything else can be made. Need to make tools to either hunt or fish. Remember, diet is most important!

Agreed. Hopefully you can find some flint and you'd be set for fire as well. You could rock the stick rubbing but that is not fun, but then again, with nothing but time, you probably want to do things using the longest possible method.

RJS

..........

RJS

Browser troubles, trying to facepalm!!!

Bipocni

Can I take Coach with me?

 

Or more realistically, If I hope to survive, Bear Grills....

RJS
Bipocni said:

Can I take Coach with me?

 

You Win, thats the best equipment one could have if you were on a deserted island.

Please visit Kauai to pick up your prize.