This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE7 problems

Started by Jukkaboy, April 10, 2014 · 3 Replies · 167 Views

Jukkaboy

Hey:)

I got a frustrating problem that I can't solve.

I got a pretty solid 30sec L-Sit on the parallel bars, and i can easily do 10 hanging leg lifts to just 90 degrees, with decent tempo while lowering, but whenever I try to make them full range, it is as if I hit a wall. I know it is not my hamstring flexibility hindering me, as I almost got a full pike stretch - or is a matter of passive vs. active flexibility?? I finished PE6 and can get up there with bent legs, but straight legs? not gonna happen.
 

Anyone have an solutions or suggestions to what might be causing this problem?

MT Nordic

Probably need to work on slower negatives with the PE6.  Also, throw in some pauses at the top, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 marks, especially if there is one spot you're sticking at.  You could also do it with progressively more straightening of the legs, i.e. start with bent legs, then progress to 1/2 bent legs, then 1/4 bent legs, then straight.  1st option is probably most ideal.

ajoOba

Same problem here.

 

I can easily do 90 degree leg lifts and i already mastered SE1 and SE2.

 

When i get to 135 degree my abs hit a wall. I do it without any shoulder assistance. It also hurts a lot on the neck when doing the exercise because of the bar.

Mark Collins

At 90dg hip flexion there is a sticking point as the weight is at its furtherest point from the fulcrum. MN PE6 is easier as we a negative contraction is up to 40% stronger. You could try doing the movement from the bottom up, then bend the legs and do a rep as in MN PE6. Then work from the top to just above 90 deg and finish with an isometric hold at your sticking point. You could also continue to push into the sticking point and then do an isometric hold on the last rep for 10 seconds. Our isometric strength is greater than concentric so you should be able to hold for at least 10 seconds.

Once you develop strength through this range you will do them a lot easier.