Just found out about this and wanted to share. She competes in men's all-around and her high bar routine placed 10th. Really cool!
Started by Toast, April 10, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,872 Views
Just found out about this and wanted to share. She competes in men's all-around and her high bar routine placed 10th. Really cool!
I was wondering how long it would take to get this posted.
She is incredibly strong. She won the women's division for several years and now competes in men's.
I believe our very own Joshua Slocum trains with her on the MIT gymnastic team.
Yup, we train in the same gym. She kept winning everything in the women's division and got bored so she joined the men's team. She has a Japanese press on floor and is pretty close to a rings HSPU. Although if she actually followed my ring strength advice she'd probably have a straddle planche by now ![]()
Didn't know women can do men's pieces. I'm a male and I do women's pieces! If women can do Men's Artistic, then can men do Women's Artistic? I don't know any men other than myself that does women's apparatus.
Sailor Venus said:Didn't know women can do men's pieces. I'm a male and I do women's pieces! If women can do Men's Artistic, then can men do Women's Artistic? I don't know any men other than myself that does women's apparatus.
The apparatuses do not cease to function if you have the wrong kind of gonads. Anyone can use any apparatus.
One of the high schools in my area has a women's team only - some boys compete on the team because it's their only option for doing gymnastics.
Different leagues have different rules regarding gendered competition. In the US, the NCAA does not allow men to compete on women's apparatuses and vice versa, but the NAIGC does.