This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress

Started by Art Vandelay, April 10, 2014 · 3 Replies · 268 Views

Art Vandelay

So in the past couple months I've gone from handstands of usually 0-5 seconds (15 was my PB) to today staying up in pretty good form for 30 seconds (my PB) and consistently getting 10-20 seconds. My dislocates are a bit slower to progress though :(

 

I've almost got a free standing HeSPU. I get close every time, usually lose balance as I get to end of the eccentric phase. Yesterday I completed a 90% range HeSPU, and then another 1/2 eccentric! Pretty pumped and having a lot more fun playing around with handstands now.

 

Also my wrist pushups have dramatically improved. Yesterday to my pleasant surprise I was able to complete full wrist pushups. I've been more consistent this year, but the last couple weeks I've focused on spending alot of time on the back of the wrists. Even just leaning on them without doing the prescribed walk/pushup exercise, learning to trust putting my weight on them.

 

Might post a video if I can get a good one.

wheezer
Art Vandelay said:

 learning to trust putting my weight on them (wrists).

 

I find pretending I don't have hands - visualizing I just have a stump where my wrist is - really helps with trusting my wrists to bear weight.

Art Vandelay

Had some fun at the beach playing around with handstands at sunset. Got some quality photos. They're not great for form check but I thought I'd share them anyway.

post-5551-0-20552700-1398248849_thumb.jp

post-5551-0-32416800-1398248865_thumb.jp

Art Vandelay

May as well post this HeSPU attempt here as well. Can sometimes get one, but often I fall back like this. I often find the centre of balance travels past my wrist (away from fingers)and then I fall to my feet.

Please excuse the obvious lean to one side. The surface was a bit soft!