Pulling Imbalance

Started by RedRevive, April 9, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,026 Views

RedRevive

First post on gymnasticbodies. Long time follower.

 

I'm working on my one arm chin, and my left arm is noticably weak than my right.

 

For example: with my right arm i can do a one arm chin with 13lbs. of pully support. In the top position i can let go with my left hand, hold for 5 seconds, and then let myself down for 7 seconds. Exactly the way i want it.

 

On my left, i need 20-25lbs. of pully support, and i cannot (or maybe just one set) release the support ring in the top position.

 

If think it has something to do with scapular stability. Maybe my left trap, but i'm not positive. I feel a little tight in the lower side of my left neck, and occasionally my left delt feels weak (especially after a lot of rope climbs).

 

Any ideas?

 

-Sean

synchroGENized

Maybe always start with the weak side then only do that much with the strong side.  You should even up pretty fast.  The same goes for the pre-hap and warm-ups

 

Or maybe when you warm up with two handed stuff pay a lot of attention to using the two sides equally.

RedRevive

Thanks for the reply.

 

I'm seeing a shoulder specialist next week to determine if this is a infraspinatus issue or something else.

 

I've definitely got the whole elbow, tricep, shoulder, neck pain thing that seems to be fairly common with gymnasts that don't do enough prehab and spend too much time pulling.

 

I'll update this post when diagnosed. I'll also list the prehab guidelines.

 

-Sean