This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Difficulties restarting foundation

Started by Erin, April 9, 2014 · 1 Replies · 204 Views

Erin

Hi guys,

I recently pulled my groin and my physical therapist only just gave me the ok to start foundation work again, but I've found I'm having some difficulties in restarting. I'm sorry if some of these questions should be posted or are answered elsewhere. Here goes:

1. The PT told me to do SLS PE1 and MN PE1 only if I can do so without excessively using my hip flexors. She told me that throwing yourself forward to get back up in deck squats uses hip flexor but when I don't do this I tend to stumble and can't keep my feet/legs separated as in the video. Is there a way to fix this? Also, while I feel the tuck ups in my abs I also feel them in my hip flexors. Is there a trick to doing it using only abs?

 

2. This one is probably a duh question, but do we need to have full knees-to-floor ROM on hip swivels?

 

3. I am trying the pre-arch body hold program suggested in one of the sticky topics with knees bent and leg together, and while I can keep my feet together my knees will not stay together and I have intense cramping in my hamstrings. Is it ok that my feet stay together while my knees are apart, or am I doing something wrong?

 

4. Lastly, does anyone else have a very hard time with hinge rows? I have a hard time hinging correctly and usually end up trying to do a ground row instead.

 

Thanks for the help! Any feedback is appreciated! :)

jvenna

Hi,

Hera are some answers.

1. In deck squats try to get your feet as close to you glutes as you csn. This will help you to get on the feet witjout throwing your sef forward. The tuck ups aim to grt a good compression an they train both the hip flexors and abs. I dont thin that there is a way to train them without using the hip flexors.

2.Your knees need to touch the floor while havin your glutes touchin the groung.

3. If you are bending your knees then you should be able to have both your knees and your feet together. When your knees are streight then it depends on your anatomy whether the knees touch or not.

4. It took me a few tries to figure the movement. You need to learn to relax your abs while pulling up. Position yor hips below the rings.If your rigs are set at the correct height your hips shoud stay at the same height without using your abs. It also helps to have something under your feet that prevents them from slipping.