This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 Toe point

Started by dritar, April 8, 2014 · 1 Replies · 147 Views

dritar

Hello,

 

I'm at the stage where I'm refining my MN/PE2 and gaining some endurance on the last 4 week cycle. My main problems is having knees locked along with toe point. 

 

I've found, of course that toe point makes it harder, in particular harder to lock the knees. Doing the opposite of toe point, that is, flexing the feet in the direction of the shin (dorsiflexion I think) makes it easier as I feel it stretches the hamstrings better. 

 

I've been complementing this with pancake straddle flexibility stretches. I've read you're supposed to do these types of stretches with dorsiflexion, but I'm wondering if there's a specific stretch for toe point + locked knees.

 

Alternatively would it be better to focus on MN/PE2 with a good locked knees position and when that is satisfactory focus on toe point or would it be more productive the other way around ?

TANSTAAFL

I would definitely save the toe point for a later priority. I really don't think a imperfect toe point would fail you out of mastery at this level. As long as you know it's something to work on. Hopefully others will know better about straight leg ankle stretches, but if you're not, you can do the seated toe points. They helped me a lot.