This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

No Foundation specific warm-up

Started by Alex Solis, April 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 252 Views

Alex Solis

Hello everyone, just a quick but important question:

Is it a fatal error to just do a 10 min run as a warm up for the Foundation Series and just get into the prescribed elements asap? Or should I be doing previous variations as the warm up? I think this last option consumes a lot of time. :(

meras

Well a foundation warmup shouldn't take more than that 10minutes.

 

While not a fatal error, I don't think running would be a very good warmup for your shoulders.

 

When I warm up I like to do some side to side squats, scap shrug and hip circles. I might change them depending on how I feel and add different elements once I progress more.

Kris
 

10min is fine. Light run+ joint mobility /dynamic stretches feel very good for prepare/warm your entire body, but there are not special rules about that. 

 

Before begin your current element, warm up with 1 or some sets of the previous element, or when you are more advanced just choose elements or you feel the more weak for keep a good maintenance.

Joshua Slocum

Going over previous elements is important so you can maintain your proficiency with them. 

 

It's not necessary to go over every previous element every day, but just doing 2 (as recommended in the course text) should only take 1-2 minutes per element. 

TANSTAAFL

Also, keep in mind if you're only on PE2/PE3 of element X, I don't believe you need to do the full 9/15 WU sets as stated in the text. This will fry you before you hit the main PE of the micro. I think others have just lowered reps or added in easier WU sets (i.e. if you wanted to do the 9/15 and on HB/PE2, you could do 9 reps of pushups against the wall almost standing, and maybe 15 on your knees).

 

Even that might be too much for you. WU, like most else here is a very individual thing so you will need to scale accordingly, but as long as you remember it is a WU; that it should get you ready and not be a cage match, you should be fine.