This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Working PE1 iM and PE2 iM concurrently

Started by KibboKift, April 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 278 Views

KibboKift

I've been working on PE1 and PE1 iM two days a week since I started H1 in January. Since then progress has been slow but steady. Not only is the shoulder flexion a big challenge for me, I am also a long way off being able to sit cross-legged and lean forward sufficiently. I can see myself being on this element for several months more at least.

 

Anyway my question is, would it be beneficial (or even allowable) to begin work on PE2 iM at the same time? It seems like if I did this, I would be able to master both around the same time and save myself a few months. I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem like there is a great deal of carry over from the first iM to the second, so if I were to be carry on as I have been doing until I master PE1 iM, I wouldn't expect to see much improvement in my performance of PE2 iM than where I am right now.

 

I would plan to run the three elements as a giant set, so: one set of PE1, one set of PE1 iM, one set of PE2 iM; repeat

 

Any thoughts?

Ravn

I didn't get anywhere with iM2, until I began doing stretches that mimicked the movement, so you could begin doing those, which would make you ready for iM2, once you get to it.

 

Weighted shoulder flex pulls are excellent to achieve this. You can use your weighted bar instead of a disc.

swhitley

Thanks for the link Ravn. IM2 really annoys my shoulder even with just an unweighted broom handle. I'll try that stretch for a while and see if it helps at all. 

Jon Douglas

Reasonable :) just make sure you give each your full attention.

Ravn
swhitley said:

Thanks for the link Ravn. IM2 really annoys my shoulder even with just an unweighted broom handle. I'll try that stretch for a while and see if it helps at all. 

Yeah well, it's also a matter of building strength in the movement, but the flex pulls should at least enable you to open up that ROM in the first place. One step at the time.