I was able to hold this for 3-4 seconds. Aside from the obvious, not being horizontal, I would welcome any constructive criticism. One problem is that this feels horizontal to me and horizontal feels lows. So suggestions with this, if any, would be helpful.
If anyone is curious this has taken me a little less than a year of work since July last year, 2-4 times a week and I came from a background of heavy bench pressing. It is equivalent to 315x10 rep bench press. I haven't tested max and don't plan to but that is probably close to a 400 pound press. So a full planche pushup with strict form, if I ever get there, will most probably be more that a 2x body-weight bench press for me.
In addition to the static positions, I have found planche pushup variations extremely helpful as well as the harder pushup variations in BTGB. Pseudo maltese pushups became easy so I began doing a sort of pseudo planche push up with feet on the ground and a more extreme lean. I am able to continuously vary the lean and stay int he 3-5 rep range. I did have to work up to two sets of 15 adv tuck holds in addition to 3-4 sets of dynamic before I was able to transition to working on straddle, probably because of my weight.
I plan to work straddle for at least a year before attempting a transition to full planche just to be on the safe side. Suggestions and experiences with this would be welcome as well, especially form heavier practitioners.