This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wth spl5

Started by ausswe, April 5, 2014 · 5 Replies · 174 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

So I just started these and I don't seem to feel like it is working any thing except my inner elbow and wrists. My hands get to about my belly button, hollow body with protraction I can't go any further or I fall but I don't feel any muscles actually working except around my elbows. I can barely hold for the 6 seconds. Anyone else experienced this? I could feel my shoulders burning in all the other progressions until now.

Cheers

Ravn

Did NOT experience this :)

Make sure your feet are on a slippery surface, if they somehow grip the floor, that will take some of the pressure off of your shoulders, ime.

dritar

These holds will always hit your weak spots first. It doesn't mean you aren't working other muscles (and you'll feel them at the last 4 weeks of the 3 month cycle).

 

That said, video yourself and check your form, never hurts. This hold can be tricky in terms of body shape (piking too much is a common mistake, that I myself have to correct) and degree of protraction.

ausswe

Feet are on a furniture slider. I'll film it and see if I can notice anything but from looking in the mirror everything seemed fine except for the fact that I can only lean until hands are at belly button obviously need more lean but I'll work up to that. I just find it weird that I feel it in my bicep area and not my shoulders..... Hands at a45-90 degrees. Oh well I guess I'll see what happens when I reach the longer hold times.

Ravn

Hmm, actually I feel it in the biceps too, which isn't strange, given that it works to stabilise the joint. If you feel it like a strain, I'd stay at the current amount of lean, until the sensation subsides. You can very easily overwork your biceps, and especially the brachialis (which is at the inner elbow, as you mentioned above) if you charge on.

ausswe

The strange thing I thought was that I don't feel my shoulders working... But I guess that is just because of the short hold times. I'm sure they will be burning by the time I get to 30 second holds... Then I get to increase the lean so,e more..... Yay.