support hold

Started by Bipocni, April 4, 2014 · 7 Replies · 3,784 Views

Bipocni

Just to clarify, you're supposed to retract in a support hold, right?

Gray

FL is not full retracted? Just asking :)

Mats Trane

Neutral in support hold.

Gray

I want to add some support holds and false grip hangs after F1 training. What is some resonable goal over here? 1 minute on both? :) 

Rayne-William
Gray said:

I want to add some support holds and false grip hangs after F1 training. What is some reasonable goal over here? 1 minute on both? :)

A 30 seconds to a minute for the ring support hold.

For false grip, at least as long as needed to do your pull ups with or 30 seconds. Keep in mind hanging with a false grip requires you to flex your forearms.

Bipocni
Zach Armijo said:

You will not be able to hold the support if completely retracted much like a FL. 

What?  I can totally hold a support hold while fully retracted...

Coach Sommer
Bipocni said:

What?  I can totally hold a support hold while fully retracted...

 

Not a correct one that will lead to more advanced ring strength elements.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Bipocni
Zach Armijo said:

Fully retracted on stall bar support. Pic please. That would be impressive.

You mean front support right?  Because I don't see how a back support would be possible without fully retracting.