This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Integrating sPL/SE3 and its iM

Started by Ravn, April 4, 2014 · 16 Replies · 257 Views

Ravn

Just realised that since no rest is allowed beween SE and iM, the most badass way of performing sPL/SE3 and the iM would be to just lower from the tuck planche, when the time is up for the hold, down to the bench arm planche, do the reps, press up to tuck planche and repeat. Since you'd probably have to be VERY badass to pull this of, well I won't/can't do it.

 

However, I suppose it would add a bit of neuromuscular complexity to the everyday training sessions, to lower into the bent arm planche after the tuck hold has been completed?

ausswe

That actually sounds like a cool thing to try and achieve and you are right that makes perfect sense except for the press up because that would be extra work. Still a cool idea....

HamdiC

I think that's how you're supposed to do all the exercises when you go through the whole foundation for the second time.

Jon Douglas

Seriously guys,

stop this thread immediately before Coach decides that's how this one will be tested >.<

Ravn

But Jon, suppose you train it like that, and test for mastery the official way - then it would just make mastery more solid, right? Tried it last night, and it was definitely harder, but not severe.

Jon Douglas

Fine, fine :P since I've probably dug my own grave by mentioning it I'll try this in next weeks deload session at least....

It IS a pretty cool idea tho :)

Christian

Post vids guys! :-)

Ravn

Caveat, before posting vid: When I said it wasn't severe, I ought to mention that I'm at my deload week. When I begin again, It may well turn severe. Maybe I'll post something, if it isn't too ugly... ;)

B1214N
Ravn said:

Caveat, before posting vid: When I said it wasn't severe, I ought to mention that I'm at my deload week. When I begin again, It may well turn severe. Maybe I'll post something, if it isn't too ugly... ;)

So you mean you did 5x30s tuck planche and 5x5r of the IM in the way you described with the addition of planche push-up back to tuck planche?

ausswe

The planche push up is about the only extra work you would be doing if you are performing mastery anyway right!? So it shouldn't be considerably harder...

B1214N
ausswe said:

The planche push up is about the only extra work you would be doing if you are performing mastery anyway right!? So it shouldn't be considerably harder...

Haha you should try it before saying that.

Ravn
B1214N said:

So you mean you did 5x30s tuck planche and 5x5r of the IM in the way you described with the addition of planche push-up back to tuck planche?

No, no, I'm not even strong enough to do the modified planche pushup on it's own (yet!).

 

I did a very small test yesterday, where I just added the negative planche pushup to get from the tuck planche into the bent arm planche position.

 

Since I'm at deload week I did 5x9 secs, and 5x3 of the iM. So a 9 second tuck planche, lower into the iM, do the reps, take a few breaths and repeat. Because the work load is half of what I'm used to, the addition of the negatives weren't too bad. I'm sure it'll be an entirely different experience next week.

 

Note: The bent arm planche hold gave me shoulder trouble to begin with, when I just went ahead and did 5 reps every time, so I'm building up capacity there as well: For every six seconds added to the tuck planche, I will do one more rep. So in the cycle I was doing 5x18, therefore 3 reps of the iM. Next cycle I'll begin 24 second holds, therefore upping the iM to 4 reps.

Ravn
ausswe said:

The planche push up is about the only extra work you would be doing if you are performing mastery anyway right!? So it shouldn't be considerably harder...

Well, negatives DO constitute extra work.

ausswe

I guess but I think the effort of getting into the position in the first place is quite similar.

Mats Trane
Jon Douglas said:

Seriously guys,

stop this thread immediately before Coach decides that's how this one will be tested >.<

Think I'll ask Cole to delete,this thread :)

LateStarter@46
Mats Trane said:

Think I'll ask Cole to delete,this thread :)

Noooooo, bring it on!

ausswe

I'm definTely going to be trying this when I get there :P