Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Started by Marcus the Darkness, April 3, 2014 · 8 Replies · 2,352 Views

Marcus the Darkness
I've always admired the physiques of male gymnasts, as well as the mastery and control they have over their bodies. I'm coming from a weightlifting/bodybuilding background recently, and even at my peak in that, I would still highly respect the physique and skills of a gymnast. I've looked across the web a couple of times before, just to see what type of training it entails, but never actually attempted to get into it. Well this week that changed. This is the beginning of a new phase in my physical development. I'm excited! More so for the new type of strength and control of my body that I'll gain. :) 

Rob Rowland

Welcome aboard!

Rayne-William

Howzit?

El Chino

Hey Marcus,

 

welcome aboard! So what plans if any, do you have for starting on this journey? Have you taken a look at the  Foundation courses yet?

Jon Douglas

Welcome to the boards :D

Marcus the Darkness

Thanks gents. I've actually purchased foundation one and handstand one. So I've been spending this week, finding my starting levels for each PE. I've locked them down for every exercise besides the different push-up variations in the handstand course; just completed PE3 on all of those, and still going.

I actually want to try and stay away from weights as much as possible, to see what changes my body makes. However, I don't want to lose too much mass, haha!

Keilani Gutierrez

weight's aren't the enemy, the bigger culprit is just biting off more than our bodies capacity to adapt can chew and doing something that can lead to injury ^_^ 

 

welcome to the board, see you in the forums :) 

 

I see that we're neighbors....albeit, i'm about 1000 miles away and floating in the atlantic/caribbean :P 

Marcus the Darkness

I guess what I meant by my statement about weights is, I'd like to see what kind of changes are made to my physique, if any, by just doing a strictly GST routine.

Gray

I'll notice some improvements of course. FSAS is something neglected in bodybuilding :)