Tucked planche form check

Started by tropical95, April 3, 2014 · 6 Replies · 2,001 Views

tropical95

Hello I started training for the planche about 1 and a half month ago, but did alot of handstand before that. I stopped progressing last week after I pushed my tucked planche time from 20s to around 35s. I looked some things up and found this topic: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/7936-stuck-on-advanced-tuck-planche-for-around-6-months/ . I figured out that I have not been in the "hollow body" position either. So could you guys pls form check my tucked planche now? Hope I am doing it right.
Here it is: 

 /watch?v=ex9HXWrn7yI

 

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

Hips a little bit high and the back is too much rounded. hollow does not mean extreme rounded position. as a last thing you need to depress the shoulders, if not is possible to develop bicep tendon tendonitis.

Mats Trane
alex87 said:

as a last thing you need to depress the shoulders, if not is possible to develop bicep tendon tendonitis.

Interesting.

Do you have experience with this? Has it happened to you or someone you know?

Alessandro Mainente

mmm yes about 12 of my friends who play with calistenichs skills. the thing that i cannot understand is that the basis of calisthenic is the GST , all the variations of 1 arm etc is something more. in that world there is not to much knowledge about the movement. someone , sometime, said very stupid thing as for example that planche needed to be done with elevation. everytime you roll forward with elevation you are reducing the  subacromial space. since the rotator muscles are not in a extreme dangerous situation is far more easier involve the bicep. in fact putting them in a simple test situation (i.e. lift the straight arms pal up in front of them while someone makes pressure downward) they feel pain in the front of the deltoid muscle. the bad thing is that for the majority of cases this problem evolve into external rotator problem and if it is advanced is difficult to provide a fast diagnosis also for a doctor. i started to follow some childrens now that i'm an assistant and with the correct approach no symptoms of bad technique appear. is a chance or maybe Coach's advice starts to make a sense?

tropical95

That is really interesting, I cannot fully understand the technical terms, because I am German, but I am experiencing exactly this pain under the deltoid muscle that i cannot locate precisely (it just hurts or burns somewhere under it) once I tried a front lever (did not do it again after that)! I am totally not experiencing this pain during the tucked planche but it would be nice to know something more about it because I do not want to feel this pain during my planche training^^. Could you try to formulate your first answer with the posiotion correction again in simpler words? Or maybe point out my mistakes with images? That would be really nice! 
EDIT: I tried to perform your changes, hips could still go a little down but I hope i straightened my back enough. But I am not sure about depressing the shoulders you need to give me an example for that xD. My fear was that this would already be too much of an adv. tucked planche, if so, shall I continue with this form or go back to a tucked until you guys are content with my form?

post-12002-0-34731300-1396629873_thumb.j

Thank you guys!

korija

i dont think your back was too rounded, but if you feel pain in the shoulders then protract your scapula.

Alessandro Mainente

far more better tropical!