There are already posts here and here about this but I have a slightly different spin.
My imbalance is in my pullup. Right side is significantly stronger in the dead hang to 45 degrees range. Right and left are well balanced once the full bicep kicks in at the upper range of motion.
This shows up for me in practice when I am upside down on a trapeze bar, arms outstretched overhead fully extended and shoulders open, and I have to lift my 135lb partner up to me. I yank them to my right, dominant side as I lift, which messes up their movement. I need to be more even.
In training pull ups, I'm sure I compensate pretty hard on the right side, even if it's imperceptible. I am going to go back and make sure I'm doing perfect dead hang bilateral pullups as a beginning, and progresively build up my capacity there.
But much of the advice in those threads suggested unilateral work would also help.
But how would one do unilateral work in a pull-up? With an assist band one-handed? Upside down with a dumbbell?
And if anyone can suggest programming, that would be awesome. I'm thinking of Grease the groove techniques, mixed format pull-ups already but not sure what my plan should be. I also have to watch total strain on my shoulders so I don't overtrain.