This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training SLS/SE5>iM indoors (at home)

Started by Mats Trane, March 31, 2014 · 5 Replies · 190 Views

Mats Trane

Have been putting this exercise aside for to long now. The reason for this is that

I need someone to spot me and a place to do it. Been trying it a few times at my sons gymnastic training hall but I have limited access to this place. I can go there (very) early in the morning and at that time I'm mostly alone.

I have tried it at home on the couch with a ring strap but the couch is to soft.

Any bright ideas? It's still to cold to do it outside.

Has anyone mastered it? I think Jon has. Anyone else? Any tips?

Mats Trane

No one else training (or has been) this iM?

Gavin S

I do, just not at home. I have a GHR machine at my gym.

Ravn

I will commence with it after this deload week. I plan to use the (solid) dining table on the kitchen, with some straps wrapped around it for anchoring the feet. We'll see how it goes.

jvenna

I'm not yet this far, but could you get a wide enough and long enough wooden planck. Put it on a table and stick the other end under something heavy. Then you could put the straps around the planck and hang over the table edge.

Jon Douglas

Sorry, missed this thread. Im good with it as far as I know; briefly used ring straps on dining table, then thanks to our weather moved to a park picnic table. Sorry that doesn't help much...

One tip is that dining tables can slip on tiled floor. Ensuing panic probably looks hilarious but is not fun.

Otherwise... umm.... negatives, assist with pike and hands at first as necessary until the negative is good, then work on eliminating pike in concentric, then reduce/remove hand assistance, then reduce momentum. Feels impossible at first, but actually comes surprisingly fast. Took me about 8 weeks IIRC, with fairly good NLC and nGHR before it.