Should the pressure on the squatting leg be off the ball of the foot with heal elevating as the video shows? Or should I try to forcefully push through the heal as I've learned with my slow lift/oly traing thus keeping the heal of the squatting leg planted ? Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Sls pe4 question
Started by bombadil, March 30, 2014 · 5 Replies · 243 Views
keep the squatting foot flat
Another question on this exercise.
If you look at Ido Portal's Shrimp squats, he uses his foot just a little to get of the ground in the beginner version. In the video for SLS/PE4 it is used a lot more.
Ido's version looks much more controlled.
Does anyone have an idea if the movement should be done with less help of the back foot?
The way it is done now, I don't have much problem with the exercise.
(sounds good but I don't believe it)
Thanks!
I think I am finding difficulty to search for content in the search bar so I'll ask my question here anyway since it's the same subject.
Well what I am having difficulty with the sls/PE> iM can only lay back few like 20 degree aprox.
with which SLS iM? Natural Leg Extensions? just keep working them as is and either warm up or cool down with a good Hip flexor stretch.
Maarten said:
Does anyone have an idea if the movement should be done with less help of the back foot?
The way it is done now, I don't have much problem with the exercise.
(sounds good but I don't believe it)
Thanks!
I think you can use your foot a little, but not too much. For me it doesn't feel life it's helping much, just trailing behind. It's much more important IMO to lower down with a straight torso and touch the knee at the same time as the foot. Really get that last couple degrees of ROM under control.
Talal said:I think I am finding difficulty to search for content in the search bar so I'll ask my question here anyway since it's the same subject.
Well what I am having difficulty with the sls/PE> iM can only lay back few like 20 degree aprox.
For me, the ROM has improved over a couple of cycles from 20 to well below 45(almost butt to heel). Just keep doing it.