Hello, all. Hope your training is going well.
I've just noticed that I am struggling to breath in my freestanding handstands. Against the wall, I am breathing just fine. Currently working sets of 60 seconds with no problems. But, in freestanding, I've noticed that my body does not naturally start to breathe until 20 or 25 seconds in.
Doing some research, I came across this video and wanted to know your thoughts. This guy, seems to be an ex gymnast, states that "breathing really does take care of itself. You'll start breathing before you pass out, however, whenever your body wants to stabalize itself more in an isometric position - you're getting ready to push a lot of heavy weight or something - you'll tend to hold your breath and stabalize your body. However, as soon as your exertion is done, over a short period of time you'll naturally start breathing again...just give it time and keep practicing."
The topic specifically on breathing starts at 1:05. What are your opinions on this matter of breathing in handstand? I don't know if I should just give it time, I don't want to build bad habits! Whenever I try to force my breathing from the start, I just end up falling all the time, maybe (actually I feel very sure) because of the shift in concentration from balance to breathe.
Thanks for any help and discussion