This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just starting F1

Started by drewcl, March 29, 2014 · 8 Replies · 241 Views

drewcl

Hi guys,

 

Just wanted to drop in and make my first post in this forum.

 

Like many people I started gymnastic type training, in my case late last year and made progress but want to step it up.

 

Prior to this kind of training I had a 1.7xbw squat, 1.5 x bw bench 1.2 x bw push press etc and expected to be able to push past the first few exercises in F1 but man have I been humbled by my lack of endurance!

 

How quickly have those with a training back ground caught up from an endurance perspective?

DBeckerman

Hi Elliot,

 

Welcome to the forum. Like you I had more problems with the endurance aspect of going past 10 reps and 30 seconds. I had the strength but often failed with the last reps. If it was all 5x5r or 5x30s I would have been able to progress so much faster!

 

Even now my body still hasn't really adapted to high reps!

 

DB

drewcl

One interesting benefit I have already seen is that after completing PE1 is that straight away I was able to hold a 30s handstand which was the first time ever! Must have helped to engrain the positioning.

 

DBeckerman, when did you start F1 and where are you currently?

 

I think I may start posting pics and vids in here so I have further accountability, would be nice if the workout logs were still going

DBeckerman
EClayton said:

One interesting benefit I have already seen is that after completing PE1 is that straight away I was able to hold a 30s handstand which was the first time ever! Must have helped to engrain the positioning.

 

DBeckerman, when did you start F1 and where are you currently?

 

I think I may start posting pics and vids in here so I have further accountability, would be nice if the workout logs were still going

Hi!

 

I started F1 training when it first came out along with H1 when that came out too. Currently for F1 I am at the following levels.

 

FL PE5

sPL PE5

HBP PE3

RC PE6

SL PE3

MN PE2 (I hate you mobility!)

SLS SE2

 

Progress was slow at first but in some has moved on quite well, most notably in SLS progression. I've always had strong legs though from years of playing county rugby.

 

Cheers,

 

DB

drewcl

So far I have only had 3 sessions but my endurance is coming up very quickly.

How long has F1 be out now? I will throw some videos up later so my progress can be chatted and checked

drewcl

How closely have people been adhering to the the rep structure laid out in the template?

 

Today I completed mastery for FL/PE1 , sPL/PE3 and am close on HBP/PE2 (took too long at the top of the last set of reps to try and catch a rest)

 

What would you guys do now? Deload everything or just for patterns I achieved mastery?

Ravn

I just deload everything, except iM's, every fourth week, and it's been working well. If I have been going through mastery of several exercises in a row, and the sets/reps don't match the official ones laid out in the template, I'll just cut whatever reps I'm working at the moment in half.

drewcl
Ravn said:

I just deload everything, except iM's, every fourth week, and it's been working well. If I have been going through mastery of several exercises in a row, and the sets/reps don't match the official ones laid out in the template, I'll just cut whatever reps I'm working at the moment in half.

Thanks for the reply, Ravn.

 

Have you found that with some elements you can complete mastery of some of the progressions in the next workout?

Ravn

Yes, a few, but that's not the norm...