This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New to the Forums

Started by Cody Clyde, March 29, 2014 · 4 Replies · 125 Views

Cody Clyde

Hi everyone. I just recently got F1 and H1 and have started off with the basic progressions but I have a few questions:

1) I'm having some trouble finding info about warming up before a workout, can someone point me in the right direction?

2) I thoroughly enjoy certain barbell training as well that I would rather not give up; mostly squats and pulls (deadlift and PWR cleans). I was wondering if incorporating these lifts would interfere with my recovery. I am thinking about arranging my workouts as such:

Day 1: FL, sPL, HBP, RC

Day 2: SL, MN, HS

Day 3: Barbell squats and pulls, SLS

I am thinking this way I am keeping all leg lifting to one day, upper body work to their own workouts, and this shouldn't affect my recovery for any moves/progressions. I'm not sure if it would be best to do a three on/one off schedule with this rotation or if six on one off would allow for adequate rest. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cody Clyde

Cool, thanks. I do remember going through all the introductory pages but I didn't remember that.

Bipocni

I'd recommend throwing barbell lifts AFTER your F1 leg workout.  I find the leg work isn't especially taxing, and the extra days rest after deadlifts is nice when you're going for a PR on the RC progressions.

Cody Clyde

I was actually thinking SLS before barbell lifts originally b/c it does seem like more skill based work than strength, but I wasn't too sure. Having the extra rest day after deadlifts would be beneficial before doing back work again. I just got rings the other day and knocked out a bunch of hinge rows (just trying to get form down) and my lats were pretty sore the next day. Thanks for the input.