This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check of the titans > PL , PPU, MN2 , ABH <

Started by VegVeg, March 28, 2014 · 6 Replies · 357 Views

VegVeg

Hello, it would delight my soul if you could kindly tell me what you eyes see in my videos :>
All vids were 3rd set out of 5 so it should show my average form.

 

 

 

PPU-

 

 

PL-

 

 

 

MN2-sorry for bad video, it's what I can do ;d

 

ABH-

 

 

 

Well, what do you think??
Good to move on soon?

 

dritar

To my untrained eye:

 

PPP: You kind of lose body shape and you are reducing the lean when ascending on some reps. Yeah, these are hard :(.

 

PLean: Not bad I think.

 

MN: Looks good to me. Maybe you can point your toes, but frankly if my reps looks as good as yours for 5x15, I would be inclined to move on.

 

ABH: It looks to me like you're bending at the knees a bit too much.

VegVeg

Well thank you kind sir.

Yes I have a problem with protraction because my spine is twisted and crooked , guess it will just take me more time to master things :)

ABH : that's how my locked knees look like , by the way it is noticeable that I keep 'falling' to the side because of the spine again, any idea on how to counter this??? It just keeps on messing up my form on EVERY exercise :(

thecolin
VegVeg said:

ABH : that's how my locked knees look like 

 

With your planche lean your legs look straight, comparing that to your ABH they're clearly bent a bit. Try thinking about stretching out as long as possible before arching up.

VegVeg

Ok I will try focusing on it even more, thanks.
On a side note I forgot to mention - doing hip circles brings up some 'bad weird' soreness pain on the left side of my hip, (like an upper lateral part of the glute) , I  can feel it when I try side bending too, what do you think might be causing it??
Too much stress from ABH's?? 

Andre737

PLL: hard to see from the camera angle but it looks like you are rounding more your middle back and not so much your upper back.Also I can't see any lat activation-try to depress more and screw your arms into the ground.

thecolin
VegVeg said:

On a side note I forgot to mention - doing hip circles brings up some 'bad weird' soreness pain on the left side of my hip, (like an upper lateral part of the glute) , I  can feel it when I try side bending too, what do you think might be causing it??

Too much stress from ABH's?? 

 

It's difficult for me to say exactly. One thing I've noticed is that I have a strong tendency to tense much harder in my right side in these kinds of movements. These kinds of imbalances are very common, so maybe take some extra time to carefully pay attention to applying even tension through either side of the body.

 

You should of course be following a regular stretching routine as well. Including lots of intense work on your hips and glutes. If you're not doing this already in addition to your Foundation work, it's something you should add in asap.