This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation One - SLS PE2 + iM bloopers

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, March 27, 2014 · 14 Replies · 429 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

hey guys

 

moving into PE2, I found the PE and the iM fun to do, though from revising the videos (i took about as many videos as there were sets performed, which were about 3-4) and felt pretty funny doing the Twisting squats, especially balancing while doing the twist, right from the get go, i notice that i spend too much time focusing on spinning on my tip toes, gonna keep practicing the balance to do it more on the ball of my feet. 

 

on the PE, i notice that my foot is facing a 45 degree out angle, will work on lessening that angle as time goes on to improve ankle flexibility. 

 

overall, i feel good doing this progression, i don't feel instability(aside from the wobbly balance portion of the twisting squat, will sort that on the next session) and am feeling some light soreness in my glutes and could actually feel the mobility discrepancy between legs. 

 

thoughts? I was thinking of hanging out here on this progression for a bit, but im posting to see what the other eyes in the sky see that i don't. 

 

7 reps on the PE and accidently lost count on the reps of the twisting squat (for reference, i wasn't counting this towards mastery, more like an exploratory of the element before i start working it seriously.)

gohei_

The PE looks pretty good in my eyes, and I don't think it will be long until you master the iM.

Duff

I can't be sure because you're wearing shorts over knees, but I think you're not straightening the leg completely on the iM. Doing that has helped me get more stable during the top twist portion.

Riku Calderón

Looks really good to me!

lnick1975

This is funny to watch. But I'm kinda confused. It appears that u probably have the strength to do this but maybe you're being too cautious or just doubting yourself some. I think with the PE you may want to focus on squatting down deeper and positioning yourself more cheek to heel. As for the iM. Yes. Try spinning on the balls of the feet more and lowering your heels. I'll help you keep balanced.

Keilani Gutierrez
lnick1975 said:

This is funny to watch. But I'm kinda confused. It appears that u probably have the strength to do this but maybe you're being too cautious or just doubting yourself some. I think with the PE you may want to focus on squatting down deeper and positioning yourself more cheek to heel. As for the iM. Yes. Try spinning on the balls of the feet more and lowering your heels. I'll help you keep balanced.

you sir...are a gentleman.

 

edit: I've been working on correcting my posture and usually butt wink during squat movements to make up for ankle flexibility. these were my attempts at keeping my back as neutral as possible and involve my glutes and not favor my quads(which i have a tendency of doing, if im not on top of it.)

Kage

Good work!

thecolin

Looks good, and I see you're working to keep your toes pointing forward during the squat, excellent. (it looks like you're maybe a bit tighter on the left ankle? Like me.)

Keilani Gutierrez
thecolin said:

Looks good, and I see you're working to keep your toes pointing forward during the squat, excellent. (it looks like you're maybe a bit tighter on the left ankle? Like me.)

yeah, it's either keep my foot straight or i'll twist to get the last bit of depth and when i look at my foot, it's arch is collapsed. so need to develop the active flexibility, for sure. 

Mark Collins

On a hard floor. Now that's hardcore ;)

Keilani Gutierrez
Mark Collins said:

On a hard floor. Now that's hardcore ;)

you joker :P

Murray Truelove

How did you progress with this IM?

I'm struggling with doing it from the floor but sitting on something makes it much too easy. Maybe I just need to work a little harder from the floor position...

Keilani Gutierrez
Murray Truelove said:

How did you progress with this IM?

I'm struggling with doing it from the floor but sitting on something makes it much too easy. Maybe I just need to work a little harder from the floor position...

i wish i could say, i don't really know. I was able to do them since the beginning, i find no discomfort in doing inside squats or twisting squats and if i gave you a specific reason, i'd be lying. just practicing and do as the GB coaches have/will suggest(ed).

 

I don't know what muscles are working in that plane, i just know that I brace myself first against the ground, get my trunk stable and just push up off the ground. if you're doing it from a platform, power to you. :) just keep doing it like that and give it time. 

Mark Collins
Murray Truelove said:

How did you progress with this IM?

I'm struggling with doing it from the floor but sitting on something makes it much too easy. Maybe I just need to work a little harder from the floor position...

I was terrible at these. I started from a high box with weight plates on it. As I mastered each height you take away the plates and find a lower box. Once I went to a box around 20 cm high I moved to the floor. I can now do them easily, but it took me along time.

Murray Truelove

Thanks guys. I'll try and find something the right height. I find Cossack squats really though so I'm going to be here a while. Already made great gains though.