This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

One arm Hanging Leg Lifts

Started by ChrisUK, March 27, 2014 · 5 Replies · 224 Views

ChrisUK

Hey all,

 

I am going to be on the Mn Pe8-iM for a while, despite having mastered the Hanging leg raises a while ago. Whilst I am stuck at the iM I figured I would start working towards one-arm HLL to make the element a bit more difficult.

 

I don't think it is deviating too far away, and it is a nice mini challenge whilst waiting to master the iM, but would like you guys to weigh in on it.

 

Would this be considered ok? 

 

 

Thanks, 

 

Chris.

Alessandro Mainente

this will result in stronger lats respect to stronger core. i prefer to increase the speed of the ascent movement while controlling the slow descent.

Jon Douglas

Yeah, I like these. No harm in putting a twist on it while your mobility catches up, nice idea :)

ChrisUK

A little twist?  ;)

 

Thanks guys, I'll get to it and add them to my sessions! 

aiken54

I did these a while ago, but on a regular bar, and they're killer for your shoulder. I'd be careful. 

Bipocni
aiken54 said:

I did these a while ago, but on a regular bar, and they're killer for your shoulder. I'd be careful. 

Far as I can tell they're fantastic prep work for a side lever, for precisely this reason.