This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE6 iM undergrip dislocates plateau problem

Started by HamdiC, March 26, 2014 · 9 Replies · 310 Views

HamdiC

Hello all-

Bascially I've been stuck at HS/PE6 for about 7 months now. Why? The bottleneck of the iM. My question is:

do I have to match the exact same hand width distance in the undergrip dislocates as in the normal grip disloactes?

 

My problem is I just cannot get the distance closer than 65cm, even with the lightest weight (1.5kg). But I can do normal dislocates at 55cm. During this whole 7 months I've kept doing the normal grip dislocates, and I see steady progess there. I can do 5kg at 55cm now. But, for at least 5 months, I can get no closer than 65cm with the undergrip dislocates.

 

For me, 55cm is the shoulder width plus one hand distance (which... I'm assuming the "plus 1 hand" means the width of the palm, not something else). 65cm makes it shoulder width plus 1.5 hands.

 

So... what to do?

 

I have tried warming up with the earlier iM's and what not, but still there is no effect on the undergrip distance. Is the 10cm difference from the normal dislocates enough to prevent me from moving on, or...?

 

Thanks.

Joshua Slocum

Yes you must get to 55cm.

When you dislocate with an under grip at 65cm, where do you feel the tightest? You may want to do some dedicated stretching in that area.

Alessandro Mainente

for a personal experience i can dislocate at shoulders distance free weight but as i teach weigthlifting skills like over head squat and snatch is counterproductive for me have elevate degree of shoulders freedom . i found that work over 1.5  shoulders distance is very good in terms of result.

for example in the im7 I've reached 18 kg of weight with this distance and the result i think are acceptable.

 

post-1151-0-00178900-1395869273_thumb.jp

Joshua Slocum
alex87 said:

for a personal experience i can dislocate at shoulders distance free weight but as i teach weigthlifting skills like over head squat and snatch is counterproductive for me have elevate degree of shoulders freedom . i found that work over 1.5 shoulders distance is very good in terms of result.

for example in the im8 I've reached 18 kg of weight with this distance and the result i think are acceptable.

opn hs.jpg

Ahh, yes, the old "strength through inflexibility" method :P

HamdiC
Joshua Slocum said:

Yes you must get to 55cm.

When you dislocate with an under grip at 65cm, where do you feel the tightest? You may want to do some dedicated stretching in that area.

The tightest is when my arms are behind my back, inbetween 45 and 135 degrees. Once i get them over my head it's no problem.

What specific stretches/protocol should I use. Doing the previous iM's with increasing weight, decreasing hand widths over the months has had no effect on this 10cm ROM for undergrip dislocates.

Alessandro Mainente

Ahahahahah josh I'm rolling on the floor!

Joshua Slocum
HamdiC said:

The tightest is when my arms are behind my back, inbetween 45 and 135 degrees. Once i get them over my head it's no problem.

What specific stretches/protocol should I use. Doing the previous iM's with increasing weight, decreasing hand widths over the months has had no effect on this 10cm ROM for undergrip dislocates.

What I meant was, in which areas of your body do you feel the most tension? For example, in your chest, or your biceps, or your deltoids. If you can identify the muscle group(s) that limit your ROM, stretching those could help you get that last 10cm. 

JukkaL

Same problem here. I have been training undergrip dislocates for 2 months and have plateaued at 65-70cm with 1kg. 

 

For me the biceps are the "bottleneck" for sure. OAC training and very little stretching has done its job  :facepalm:

 

Looking forward to some dedicated biceps stretching.

HamdiC
alex87 said:

for a personal experience i can dislocate at shoulders distance free weight but as i teach weigthlifting skills like over head squat and snatch is counterproductive for me have elevate degree of shoulders freedom . i found that work over 1.5  shoulders distance is very good in terms of result.

for example in the im7 I've reached 18 kg of weight with this distance and the result i think are acceptable.

 

attachicon.gifopn hs.jpg

Nice open shoulders!

HamdiC
Joshua Slocum said:

What I meant was, in which areas of your body do you feel the most tension? For example, in your chest, or your biceps, or your deltoids. If you can identify the muscle group(s) that limit your ROM, stretching those could help you get that last 10cm. 

Okay, that makes sense. When I hit these tomorrow I'll evaluate and post back.