This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Restarting F1 after injury

Started by Erin, March 26, 2014 · 4 Replies · 173 Views

Erin

Hi all,

So six weeks ago I strained my groin; I was a bit stupid about it and probably didn't rest as long as I should have, but I've finally commited to resting fully and some physical therapy. What I need to know is how to go about restarting F1 once I'm fully healed and allowed to work out hard again.

   When I got injured, I was just beginning SLS PE4, and I was nearly done with HBP PE2, RC PE3, SL PE2, sPL PE5, MN PE3, and FL PE4. I was thinking that I'll probably need to start over with the Archbody hold and the straddle hollow body hold (I had already mastered them but found them difficult) and I'm assuming it would be a good idea to retest mastery for the first 3 PEs for SLS. What I want to know is if I should test mastery for only the last element I worked on for HBP, RC, MN and sPL, or if I need to demonstrate mastery for every previously mastered prepatory element before beginning again.

   Also, I realize that lower level PEs are meant to serve as a warmup, but does anyone know a warmup that would specifically hit the groin area to make sure it's warmed up? And which types of im's will strengthen the groin to help prevent this in the future?

Thanks! Sorry if my question is confusing.

Riku Calderón

I would just test everything again ;)

 

Sorry but can't help with the latter.

Erin

Yeah, testing everything over was pretty much what I expected... What do you guys recommend as far as resting in between tests? I'll have to test 5 elements in sPL, do you think I could test them all in one week, or should I rest more in between? 

Mark Collins

Unless you have a complete or significant tear you should be ok to resume your SLS exercises. Just be sensible and don't cause too much pain when you do the exercises. Some self massage and a good warm up should prepare you well.

Also show your physical therapist the exercises and they will be able work out how to incorporate these exercises into your rehab. If incorporated correctly they will accelerate your recovery time.

Erin

Thanks!