This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hollow shape in body levers?

Started by Ravn, March 26, 2014 · 0 Replies · 153 Views

Ravn

I'm at FL7, negative straddle body lever. Shoulders are elevated on a step, 20 cm high. 

 

I know that I should have a hollow shape on the descent, but what happens when I hit horizontal?

 

I'm trying to maintain the hollow in the horizontal position (in preparation for proper form front lever). I do this by trying to curl my upper back slightly towards the sternum, so that the lower part of the scaps are squeezed into the mat while the traps lift a bit. Sort of like anterior tilt in the upper back, while having PPT, so the pelvis and upper back form the edges of a bowl. Hope this description makes sense.

 

Anyway, is this correct? I'd like to get this straight now, so I don have to unlearn bad habits later.