This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Small Favor, Can You Film Your Awesome SSS?

Started by Nash, March 25, 2014 · 11 Replies · 651 Views

Nash

Hi all,

 

I looked around the forum for some SSS form checks, but couldn't find any.

 

I'm really curious how this looks from the front view (does the leg cave in a bit?) and from the side view with the heel  on the ground (does the chest stay so straight?).

 

All I can give you is some 'like' karma and promise to form check you when you need it :)

 

Thanks!

 

 

-Nash

ausswe

Did you mean sls?

MattProulx

Static single leg squat?

Gillham

Speed skater squat right?

SLS pe4

Keilani Gutierrez

i'd do the same as i'd do for a squat, cossack squat or lunge, front arch on the foot is formed and lower until mobility allows. this one's tricky for me since i'm still working on HF mobility.

thecolin

I assume you mean the speed skater squat.

 

 

Nash said:

 

I'm really curious how this looks from the front view (does the leg cave in a bit?) and from the side view with the heel  on the ground (does the chest stay so straight?).

 

Do you mean does the leg drop to one side? I think the knee should track straight over the toes for this one.

 

The heel should stay on the ground, and you should try and keep your weight back with your chest up as high as possible.

 

If you want to make it extra tricky, lift the back knee without pushing off with the back foot. Try putting a folded towel under the back knee to keep it slightly raised, then stand up without letting the back foot touch the ground.

Nash

Sorry yes, speed skater squat.

Nash

Thank you so much Kris. Looks great. That's exactly what I was looking for.

 

Please pm me if you need extra eyes on a form check.

thecolin

This is what I'm playing with right now. I find the seemingly small change of keeping my foot off the floor makes the move significantly more difficult.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8xQYubH-k

Nash

Thanks Colin. Do you plan on keeping your hands by your hips for mastery?

thecolin

I can do mastery as per the course video pretty easily, arms down, body upright. I'm working on developing the same form with these, ultimately I'd like to built up to a shrimp squat with both arms behind my back.