This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finally!

Started by El Chino, March 25, 2014 · 3 Replies · 204 Views

El Chino

Ok so since starting F1 seriously at the back end of last year where I started all movements on PE1 I can now finally say that I have progressed to PE2 on one of the elements.

 

Today's workout I tested mastery on the FL/PE2 but unfortunately only managed to complete one set so will start from week 1 on it.

The other elements that remain on PE1 I am halfway through, struggling mostly with the endurance aspect of them and mobility wise on one of them due to an old injury.

 

It feels so good to have finally progressed somewhat, it was a real struggle mentally doing the same workout week in week out for the past 3 months. The past 15 years of inactivity and abuse of my body coupled with scoliosis have been really shown up by F1 and H1 training and it is only now that I am starting to feel very positive about where I am on the road to health and fitness. Of course, some things still frustrate me no end but I am at least working to fix them.

 

Anyway, I was so happy today that I had to tell someone so why not the community!  :)

ChrisUK

Congratulations! It's good you had the determination to stick to the basics and not just try and progress to where you think you are capable of doing it. You may find that progress will probably start to pick up a bit quicker. 

 

With the scoliosis which element did you find most challenging? I would assume Arch body or Hollow body holds (SL or FL)?

El Chino

Hey thanks Chris! Yeah, it's always a struggle when you're stuck on basics for so long but I want to do this right and not rush. I spent a whole micro cycle on week 11 of FL/PE1 just to make sure I had mastered it and that it wasn't a fluke. It would be nice for progress to pick up a little bit but hey, it's a good lesson in patience! 

 

The scoliosis has proven problematic in a couple of ways. I have a curve to the left in the lumbar region of my spine and so I have to make sure the muscles on the weaker side of my back are activated properly. I usually have to do some unilateral exercises given to me by my physio in addition to GST to redress the imbalance. So far it's been ok. I do find ABH the most challenging as it's hard to tell if the weaker side is working and simply because it's so damn hard a movement anyway!  :D

fazool

Congrats! Just keep plugging along, the progress will come. I have been done F1 since the fall of 2013, I have repeated some microcycles on some of the elements. Each time through I have notice gradual improvement. ABH and deck squats have proven to be the most challengong and frustrating. Yet, I keep plugging away knowing that I am working through 55 years of life happening to me. I have been active most of my life at various levels of sports and working out.

I just realize that most guys my age, and those perhaps close to yours, rather be couch potatoes. I just keep going because I believe I have a lot of many good years left.

Don't get discouraged, progress will come if you are persistent. Additionally, progress is gradually being made with H1 as well.