This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FKP - skin adaptation

Started by Sisyphus, March 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 207 Views

Sisyphus

I've been struggling with FKP/PE1 for several cycles now (PE4/SE1 on the others) and although I've been adding supplementary stretching in it seems to me that one of the issues that limits my ROM is the elasticity (or lack thereof) of my skin! I know that coach has written before about the time that different tissues take to adapt - anyone know where my callused palms fit in that spectrum?

Keilani Gutierrez

I have calluses although they're not as heavy as they used to be. i find them ripping a lot more often when i play on the rings. i don't see them creating an issue with FKP though, at least in my case, i don't know how hardcore yours can be. 

 

i had one friend who could straight up pass a razor blade across his palm(as if he were filleting his skin) to remove his calluses. it was rad.

 

have you tried Kit's hand sequence? a few runs through it and frequent use of it on my index, middle and ring finger especially helped me get that last little bit of ROm i needed to move onto PE2.

 

give it a few thorough tries and compare ROM to before you stretched your  fingers 

Sisyphus

Thanks for the suggestion - Kit's hand sequence is the supplementary work I've been doing. My calluses are fairly extensive and there is some scar tissue present (which I should have mentioned previously) but I'm at 80ish degrees with both hands so perhaps I just need to be persistent. I imagine that once the ROM is there the strength will catch up fairly promptly.