Sorry for the long post coming up but here's what happened.
While I was doing some jiu jitsu last week, my knee made a loud pop. I was setting up a heel hook on a standing opponent, so my leg was wrapped high around hi leg and rested on his hip, he turned quickly and then me knee just went pop!
There was slight pain when it first happened, but I was still walking relatively fine.
The next day, Friday, it swelled quite a bit and I couldn't walk at all. I could out weight on the foot or extend my knee much. Saturday was pretty similar. I thought for sure that a tendon was torn and I was going to have to have surgery, but there was a lot of relief in pain by Sunday.
Tuesday, I was hobbling around here and there, but I layed around 95% of the time. By Friday I was walking probably 85% pain free and now, I can walk pain free. I cannot squat low though which causes quite a bit of pain... Lousy untied shoes.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure that my lcl is the tendon that got messed up. I really just wanted to see if anyone has gone through something similar and if it'll be okay for me to let it heal without seeing a doctor.