This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Press Handstand Progress Before H2

Started by Mats Trane, March 19, 2014 · 10 Replies · 443 Views

Mats Trane

This is my Press Handstand progress so far. Its gotten better through the years, but looking forward to improve it with HS2. Starting HS2 right from the beginning this week. Can´t wait.

 

Joshua Slocum

Out of curiosity, what level are all your Foundation movements at?

Alessandro Mainente

definitely stronger traps

Jon Douglas

Quite a change from beginning to end! Nicely done :)

Bro'

The difference in the shoulders is pretty awesome. You'll probably fly through most of H2, and any bottleneck will definitely make your press rock solid.

Mats Trane
alex87 said:

definitely stronger traps

Yes Alex, defininetly, you are SO right! If there is one thing that has helped me  is the focus on the traps. Every time I get into a press handstand or handstand I try to focus on traps, traps and traps again. I just wished I knew earlier. I developed som bad habits in the beginning that I spent some time to get rid of. It was after a seminar where Coach tought us about this things started to move forward.

Mats Trane
Joshua Slocum said:

Out of curiosity, what level are all your Foundation movements at?

Not as far as I liked them to be :) Unfortunatly I got a creeping shoulder injury last May thats stoped my progress and still bothering me a bit so I have to be careful. Especially HBP and sPL elements. HS has been alright though.

 

FL    FL/PE15 iM is a weak link of mine

sPL   sPL/SE3 did 4x18 this week :) although a year ago I was doing 4x18 for Open knee Tuckplanch.

SL    SL/SE1

SLS  SE5 iM been stuck on this mostly as I have limited access to a real Gymnastics facility. Should solve   itself when  spring arrives so I can train it on our outdoor table. My wife is not to happy when I´ve done it on  the dining room table  :)

         

MN    MN/SE1

Hbp   Hbp/Pe 17

RC    Rc/PE 22

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Mats Trane said:

Not as far as I liked them to be :) Unfortunatly I got a creeping shoulder injury last May thats stoped my progress and still bothering me a bit so I have to be careful. Especially HBP and sPL elements. HS has been alright though.

 

FL    FL/PE15 iM is a weak link of mine

sPL   sPL/SE3 did 4x18 this week :) although a year ago I was doing 4x18 for Open knee Tuckplanch.

SL    SL/SE1

SLS  SE5 iM been stuck on this mostly as I have limited access to a real Gymnastics facility. Should solve   itself when  spring arrives so I can train it on our outdoor table. My wife is not to happy when I´ve done it on  the dining room table  :)

         

MN    MN/SE1

Hbp   Hbp/Pe 17

RC    Rc/PE 22

And today? will be great to see how you progressed, altough this a post about press handstand progress.

Christopher Denzer

Mats,

You said focus on your traps was a big help. What are some exercises that help develop the traps? I am nowhere near a press handstand, but would like to start building strength on them.

Kai Ewert

Trap 3 raises are an isolation exercise, but all the early progressions in H2 work the traps if you do them right.

Oussama KHELLADI
On 21/06/2017 at 6:55 PM, Christopher Denzer said:

Mats,

You said focus on your traps was a big help. What are some exercises that help develop the traps? I am nowhere near a press handstand, but would like to start building strength on them.

the 90 with feet flat on the wall is a very good progression little similar to H2 but the feet will be palced flat on the wall