This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hinge Rows (RC/PE1) - Glute Height

Started by Mike71, March 19, 2014 · 3 Replies · 245 Views

Mike71

I finally have rings now (http://www.muscledriverusa.com/-MDUSA-Wood-FIG-Gymnastic-Rings--11-in-Diameter--Pair-Free-Shipping-15-Off_p_2674.html) and they are a huge improvement over the TRX Pro bands (http://www.trxtraining.com/products/trx-pro) I was using at my gym.

 

I have a question about starting position.  I have been mimicking the position of the athlete in the video.  But it seems that the athlete in the video has his glutes much higher than "just off the ground."  The form check videos I have seen in the forums posted by other members have their glutes just a few inches off the ground.

 

What I do to get into the starting position is the same as the athlete in the video.  I sit on the floor with legs straight out and position my rings at the same arms length height as in the video.  When I do this my glutes are several inches off the ground, (I have long arms as I am 6'2") but I am still able to hinge.

 

Should I lower my rings so that my glutes are just a few inches from the ground? Or match the video?  Thanks.

 

Mike

Keegan

Just match the video. It was changed to show without a doubt that the glutes should remain off the ground throughout the entire exercise as the original video was the topic of much debate in this regard.

Don't over think things, just copy the form in the video as best you can and post up a vid of yourself performing mastery if you are still unsure as to whether you are ready to move on to the next progression.

Mike71

Thanks!  I appreciate the feedback Zach & Keegan!

wheezer
Mike71 said:

What I do to get into the starting position is the same as the athlete in the video.  I sit on the floor with legs straight out and position my rings at the same arms length height as in the video.

This is perfect! Rings at arms-reach height when sitting on butt and go from there, no more guesswork!