I'll start with swivel hips, been working on these since I got F1 a few months ago - glutes still lifting slightly but doesn't seem to be much more than the athlete in the video, would you say?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Agile, March 19, 2014 · 4 Replies · 195 Views
I'll start with swivel hips, been working on these since I got F1 a few months ago - glutes still lifting slightly but doesn't seem to be much more than the athlete in the video, would you say?
FL/PE3 - Straddle Body Hold
I uploaded the whole mastery attempt. Perhaps just check out the form of the first and last set...
Planche Lean
I only just realised I've been aiming for 60sec instead of 30sec. Although it looks like I might have to increase the angle before progressing to the next element?
This was the first set:
This was the final set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_27cDPxlow
This is the mobility drill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVYdA-UjcM
The mobility seems like a short and easy half version of ABH... am I doing it wrong?
Last Video today: Psuedo Planch Pushup
First Set:
Final Set:
Zach Armijo said:Swivel hips are fine.
Internally rotate your legs in straddle hollow to solidify the hollow even more, but beautiful sets none the less.
PL lean is good, lean is acceptable and activation is nice.
The PPPs are the rough one. You have a noticeable backwards travel during your ascent. Rather than looking at your self in the mirror, mark a spot on the floor and focus on that. Doing these near a wall or any object helps keep the lean throughout the whole rep. Set up something to where you can get your max lean in with your head barely brushing it, then do everything you can without losing form to maintain that contact during the rep.
Thank you so much, really useful feedback. Really appreciate it.
I think now that I know I only have to do 30sec of planche lean the PPP will be much more achievable. My shoulders felt so fatigued after the 60sec planch lean attempts up until now...
Good to know about the internal rotation on the straddle hold too - I think my legs won't open as wide but I can see how it might help curve my pelvis under...
Thanks again.