This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Week 11 mental toughness

Started by RF_Guy, March 18, 2014 · 8 Replies · 418 Views

RF_Guy

I am at week 11of five F1 and HS 1 PE. What would be a better approach? I am sure I can pass all of them but only if I do not more than two per day. I tried 3-4 exercises per session and after 2nd one mentally I am just not there anymore. Should I keep doing my regular schedule which is 3-4 exercises per day and spend more time with what I fail to pass. Or it would be better to switch to 2 exercises per day and try to pass as much as I can?

Jennifer

Last week I was week 11 for 5 items and failed 4.   :blush:     

 

I vote you keep your workout schedule as per usual.   It doesn't seem right to change it up to guarantee a pass.       JMHO, of course.

 

 

ETA: and just so I can show my face around here in the future, let me say that I'm sooo close on some of them.

Michael Taylor

Look at the long term picture.

If you miss a couple of the exercises due to fatigue ( mental or physical), then next microcycle you will be testing mastery for those elements on their own!

As you progress along, you will probably not be ready for mastery in all elements every four weeks. 'Focusing' on a mastery run for just one or two elements at once is good for long term motivation, especially as you hit plateaus in some exercises

Nash

What helped me with this is keeping a constant intake of sugar while I'm working out. I'm constantly eating raisins during my workout. A few between sets, but more between movements. Also coconut water.

Sugar not only replenishes you physically, but also mentally. Try it.

RF_Guy

Thanks everyone! No mercy on this board :) I will just suck it up and keep pushing. The only thing I might do is taking a bit longer breaks.

Nash, that sounds very tempting. I am following strict paleo though. Only time I am taking dextrose/protein mix is during CF competition and it really helps. But maybe week 11 can be exception. Sort of cheat day.

Nash

Are raisins (dried grapes) anti paleo?

RF_Guy

They are allowed in very small quantity.

Three passes three failed so far.

meras

Keep in mind that for H1 elements you can have breaks for as long as you need to to recover.

RF_Guy

Thanks Meras! I was not aware of that, but after your post did search and found a post by Coach Sommer.