Form check: Tuck planche

Started by Farago316, April 23, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,742 Views

Farago316

First off, I don't have any gymnastics background but I have been practicing tuck planches on and off for a while. Prior to getting the book, I could only do a tuck planche for 5-10 seconds with my hips really low and knees almost touching the floor. I'm heading into my 4th week, which will be my rest week, of my first integrated steady state cycle. I must say in this span of 3 weeks my tuck planche has improved a lot. I can hold the position below for about 5 seconds, but one thing that concerns me is if my hips are still too low. Because even when I keep my knees closer to my chest, my hips are still that high.

Picture1.png

I also plan on posting a video of my entire routine at the end of the cycle.

sasquatch

It looks level to me, good job. I hope I can do that someday.

Chris

Looks good to me too, and imo it ain't a tuck but an advanced tuch planche because your back is flat as a board.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Chris

Gregor

It seems You are shruged in with your shoulder blades, this may be a problem in the future. Reason: you will probably be forced to arch your back to much and the form won't be good as it should be.