This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Concurrent work on press to handstand /HS2

Started by bombadil, March 17, 2014 · 8 Replies · 382 Views

bombadil

Quick question. I'm on pe3-4s on all F1 movements. Still a ways to go. I'm on pe2 for H1. I would love to get a head start on my press to handstand and was excited, but confused to read the following from the description of HS2:

"Handstand Two also integrates directly into your Foundation Three and Four workouts and can (and should) be trained with Handstand One."

I am obviously not ready for F3/f4 work having not yet successfully completed F1...but it does say I SHOULD use H2 concurrently with H1.

So should I start H2 now, or wait until I'll in F3?

Thanks.

mitko

You should wait until you finish F2. Sorry :)

bombadil

Actually this is good to hear, as I don't think I could handle any more work!

meras

You could just try and play with the first few elements of H2 once you are done with your F1/H1 Workout.

emilianop

So we're saying H2 is *not* to be trained until F2 is completed or there's some overlapping there?

I guess what I mean is: does it make sense to train Foundation and H1+H2 even if you're not done with F2 yet or it's liek R1, where you really shouldn't mess with it too early in the game?

 

What if someone is only following the Handstand course and not Foundation?

 

Sorry if it's redundant, I realize this is mostly an "English language question"...

 

 

meras
maolu said:

So we're saying H2 is *not* to be trained until F2 is completed or there's some overlapping there?

I guess what I mean is: does it make sense to train Foundation and H1+H2 even if you're not done with F2 yet or it's liek R1, where you really shouldn't mess with it too early in the game?

 

What if someone is only following the Handstand course and not Foundation?

 

Sorry if it's redundant, I realize this is mostly an "English language question"...

The main problem with doing H2 before F2 is this: you will be severely deficient in required mobility to successfully progress in the program.

trw

Hard to say about anyone training H1/2 without Foundation as it's all fundamentally integrated. Leaving out one program is like using only a piece of a map: you might still reach your destination between dumb luck and attentive guesswork, but it's going to be a lot harder and you're on your own.

 

Anyway, yes, the strong recommendation, or prescription really, is H2 only after all of F2 is mastered. Attempting H2 earlier probably results in a lot of wheel spinning. I haven't seen it myself, but the usual response is: any energy you're thinking of putting into elements beyond your level is better spent mastering the level you're at right now. You take care of today and tomorrow falls right into place.

emilianop

Makes total sense (I'm doing F1 and H1 at the moment, just to be clear), not knowing what's in H2 I just was wondering if training presses could be somehow done alongside with H1... clearly not.

 

Thanks

Keilani Gutierrez

The Press work really is beautiful....and so are the iM's. it's very tempting to try but you can realize the reality behind Press HS and that it involves Straight Arm Strength, Upper Back Strength, Hip Strength, Abdominal strength and compression and to top it all of, a good pike, both passive and active.  B-)

 

trust me....before the real magic starts happening, we'll have F2 and part of F3 + most of H1 mastered and pray to God you kept up with the first 2 iM's and also did your dislocates. to imagine doing a Pike Press from standing with my arms, torso and hips stacked requires so much strength that you....just want to cry because you know the cramps are going to be bad.  ;)