This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warm up question

Started by BMJD, March 17, 2014 · 7 Replies · 382 Views

BMJD

So I'm a bit confused here.

 

On one of the pages it says warm up / cool down with F7 and relevant mobility. By the way it's 1 set of each element right?

 

 

On the 'Preparing for the Day's Training', it recommends to have:

 

30 HLL

5 SL Pulls (ea side)

7 RC (total)

10 HBP

10 SLS (ea leg)

 

30s (L sit, straddle L, MSH)

10s (manna, spl, fl)

 

So which one is the one to do? Or do I alternate between these 2 warm ups?

Eric Xavier

From what I read you warm up FBAS and then FSAS.  So you do all of what you posted, in that order.

Alessandro Mainente

my crongrats if you can do this warm up!

Jon Douglas

Rite of passage challenge for everyone-- film your R1 warmup :D

Mats Trane
alex87 said:

my crongrats if you can do this warm up!

:)

Coach Sommer
BMJD said:

So I'm a bit confused here.

 

On one of the pages it says warm up / cool down with F7 and relevant mobility. By the way it's 1 set of each element right?

 

 

On the 'Preparing for the Day's Training', it recommends to have:

 

30 HLL

5 SL Pulls (ea side)

7 RC (total)

10 HBP

10 SLS (ea leg)

 

30s (L sit, straddle L, MSH)

10s (manna, spl, fl)

 

So which one is the one to do? Or do I alternate between these 2 warm ups?

 

These are the same.  The second is simply illustrating the level of foundational strength that my own athletes display in their warmup.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

BMJD

I actually just meant to ask this as a question, I haven't reached this level of foundation yet.

Anyway I did try it

 

Here is the status when I do this 'warm up':

 

1) Set up rings

 

2) Warm up

 

3) Keep rings

BMJD
Hi, got a question. 

 

Been doing rings to maintain my ring HS (ditched my ring Spl until it's completely mastered in F4). 

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Rings, most of the shoulder positions seem to be protraction and depression (or variances of both). Do you work more on the retraction portion during cool down or on non ring days?

 

I know manna is there but given the amount of time in spent in mostly protraction (even for HS practice), is it enough?