This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 Formcheck

Started by wheezer, March 17, 2014 · 0 Replies · 140 Views

wheezer

Hi guys,

 

I'm on such a sticking point with the weighted shoulder extension that I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

 

These are my efforts with a modest 2.75lb plate on a broomstick...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zPzQPAD-NU&feature=youtu.be

 

You can see how wide the grip is, and I can't seem to get close to horizontal without head protection. I'm not sure if it's a muscle strength issue - it feels more like it's structurally blocked from getting up there with a straight thorax.

 

Not sure how I managed to get past PE2<iM...

 

Anyone got any tips?

 

 

Also wondering what to do with PE4 (supine weighted flexion) in the meantime. I'm holding 16.5lb for 5x30secs and there's only so much conditioning I can get out of it. I could go heavier, or longer...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6icntwbTyhY&feature=youtu.be

 

 

Thanks for the help.