This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Lever Pulls - A Conditioning Necessity

Started by Coach Sommer, February 29, 2008 · 28 Replies · 73,587 Views

Seiji

I can't do a front lever and hold it, but I can do this exercise. I swing down a little bit after the arm straightening simply because I can't hold it, but I wouldn't say I'm using too much momentum to do the exercise (I can straddle or single leg hold).

Is this acceptable or should I change my body position and slow down the movement?

Martyn Grant

I can not do these yet..but i have modified it slightly and lift my knees up to 90% and do reps of 5 x 3 and find this a great exercises. looking forward to having strength to perform these correctly.

Heavy guy so ain't easy.

WitnessTheFitness
Martyn said:

Heavy guy so ain't easy.

Don't let that discourage or demotivate you. Just check out that picture of Sliz (I think he's around 200lbs) doing a front lever on a monster truck :D

PhilDav

I have two questions about this exercise

1) Coach mentioned that people with tight shoulder find this exercise difficult.. I have tight shoulders (i'm currently improving on it:) ) and while I don't find this exercise particularly easy, I love doing them! My question is how will this exercise help with my tight shoulders? I've never thought there was a flexibility component for this exercise

2) Coach said to only pause at chin over the bar, I've been holding for a second or two in the FL before going back.. is that not a good idea?

Cheers :D