This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Additional stretching

Started by Jaakko Jylh, March 16, 2014 · 4 Replies · 194 Views

Jaakko Jylh

At the moment my workouts consist of doing foundation 1 and handstand 1. Should I be doing some additional stretching besides the mobility work in f1 and hs1? 

Daniel Burnham
Jaakko Jylh said:

At the moment my workouts consist of doing foundation 1 and handstand 1. Should I be doing some additional stretching besides the mobility work in f1 and hs1? 

Gaining additional flexibility is almost always a good idea and will make many of the elements easier to perform.  There are some threads on basic routines around here that cover several of the stretches you may want to work on.

Gray

I need to stretch a lot. My zombie body needs additional mobility work and flexibility work. Coach once said that the complete beginner should work on one "heavy" stretch session a week (then add another one when the body is ready). In other days add additional mobility elements and limbering work :)

Adriano Augusto

That's one of the reason way too many people are waiting for Stretch Series. We've to really STRETCH.

Jaakko Jylh

Thanks, does anybody have a link to a good thread with more specific information? Is there a thread that covers all the most esstential stretches that I should be doing?