This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090423

Started by Coach Sommer, April 23, 2009 · 6 Replies · 1,332 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090423.jpg

Complete 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Seated MU

1 Embedded PL + 5 RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 V to L HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warmup by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warmup set to warmup set.

2) Choose an embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold for 5-10 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Strive to perform the Seated MU with as little momentum as possible; The difficulty of the Seated MUs may be intensified by performing them with a shoulder width or wider grip.

5) If any of the movements are too difficult or easy for the prescribed repetition range, scale them accordingly with another movement from the same family.

Ryan Hutchins

Whats a reverse leg lift?? :?:

Jason Stein

Russian Leg Lift

RKen

Isn't it Reverse Leg Lift? Page 134 of BTGB

heinrich

I also thougth of russian leg lifts but the WOD Acronyms says: "reverse leg lift"

I still haven't got my book. Would that be something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r5quaw9lv8

Here is what I did instead:

1 embedded BL (advanced tuck, hold for 5 seconds) + 5 negative MU

1 embedded PL (frogstand, hold for 15 seconds) + 2-3 Headstand leg lifts

1 embedded FL (tuck, hold for 10 seconds) + 5 HLL (lift from hang to horizontal)

(3 giant sets each)

finished with 10 bridge wall walks

Today the PL with the wall didn't work. I don't know why but I couldn't hold it for one second.

I just tried to staighten my arms in the frogstand, but that was pretty hard, too.

Maybe I just had a bad day.

Jason Stein

My bad! Reverse Leg Lifts, thank god.

Russian Leg Lifts woulda been a bit much.

Also, Heinrich --- my arms were shot from Tuesday as well.

heinrich

I guess the press to shoulderstand and back to support killed my triceps..

But I can feel that I adapt to the volume and intensity!

It's only been 2 intense weeks that gave me trouble a few weeks ago. I was afraid I'd have to cut all the numbers in half and extend the restperiods between sets so that every WOD would last about an 90 minutes.

I guess only those four rounds of rope climbing will still be too much for a while :oops:

But I'm doing fine :mrgreen: