This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pushing Hard

Started by aiken54, March 14, 2014 · 2 Replies · 147 Views

aiken54

So today was my third of four workouts for F1. ABH is my weakest element, then rows, push ups, and planche leans are my strongest. I know I'm gonna have to repeat this microcycle for ABH, Push ups, and Rows. It's week 10 so 4 x 60s for ABH. I've read in many places that we can push harder than we think, but today and monday I felt like I was hitting my body's limit. 

 

On ABH, in the last 10 seconds of the set I couldn't inhale. My diaphragm just wouldn't do it. I think somewhere in my struggle to breathe my back started to roll onto the ground because when I finally let down I didn't plop as far as usual. 

 

On push ups I can fight my way up, but my elbows get rickety. I'll work on flexing my biceps to keep them in control.

 

On rows, I just can't get my chest to the rings after a while. No matter how hard I try, I hit failure in ROM, even though I can finish the set with bad ROM (a few inches from the rings). 

 

Are these normal things? Suggestions? 

PhilTaylor

I think this is normal- at least I have the same experience.

 

But I have to say I don´t work as hard as I like to think sometimes... But it is getting better with the time and I´m getting more strict about keeping concentrated on the training and form. But if you just can´t push anymore and really lose form it´s better to stop I think.

EDM

It's good to push hard as you are doing, but you also need to know when to stop because your body, not your mind, is close to failure...not easy though. also is important to don't sacrifice form, but I think is ok to push until the last rep even with bad form, eventually you willbe able to keep a good form for the entire set.

I think what you experienced in pushups and rows is normal, it' just that you get fatigued as you do more reps. There are several ways to build up resistance and strenght and the most straightforward is just to follow the foundation schedule. I would not worry unless you don't see any improvement after some cycles.