I've found that by pressing my hips down I can prevent my ass from arching up. But I don't look like my body moves forward enough, my hands seem to be to far from my hips. Are my glutes still higher than acceptable ?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alhumbraer, March 14, 2014 · 12 Replies · 508 Views
I've found that by pressing my hips down I can prevent my ass from arching up. But I don't look like my body moves forward enough, my hands seem to be to far from my hips. Are my glutes still higher than acceptable ?
I can see that when you push up your lean is gone. when you come back up you should be in a planche lean position.
actually after watching again you are starting from a regular push up position then leaning at the bottom. try starting from the planche lean and maintaining that same path as you come back up
And try to maintain a hollow body. Don't flex your core.
Once you get into the lean at the top, try and maintain that position all the way to the bottom.
At the top you need the wrists in line with the pelvis. This will make it way harder so you finish in a Planche lean rather than a push up position.
Yes, as mentioned above you are losing your lean on ascent.
Also, yes, your butt is a little too high. Use a mirror if you can-- the feeling is sort of locking your hips down. You start off fine in this video, but as you rise on each rep your hips get too high.
I find that thinking about the position of my wrists and arms sets up my PPP correctly, not fussing about all the body position details.
When I get into position and throughout the movement I am trying to keep weight on the top of my foot. If I put more weight on my feet and curled my toes instead of trying to lengthen them It would be easier. I'm confused as to optimal foot position because in the demonstration vid it looks like the athlete is scrunching toes quite a bit. I've been attempting to PPP with very little weight on feet. Is that correct ?
Alhumbraer said:When I get into position and throughout the movement I am trying to keep weight on the top of my foot. If I put more weight on my feet and curled my toes instead of trying to lengthen them It would be easier. I'm confused as to optimal foot position because in the demonstration vid it looks like the athlete is scrunching toes quite a bit. I've been attempting to PPP with very little weight on feet. Is that correct ?
Secondary to the lean itself. Re the feet, think more about whether it is changing as you go up and down (and avoiding that-- keep it constant) than the position as such. Picture perfect is pointed toes but really, this is secondary to the more important factors of forearm angle, correct protraction, bodyline.
It looks much better overall.
In theory you can turn your fingers all the way around to point towards your toes. But the more you turn out, the more pressure it's going to put on your elbows, so go very slowly and see how it feels. Try spending a month with your hands turned out at 45 degrees, and see how your elbows feel. But don't push it too much, the static planche position is a better place to start conditioning your elbows for a hands under hips, fingers turned out lean.
Looks like I have come a long way since the first video of this thread, this was so difficult at the beginning. Here is my latest video, how is my form ?
Much better, as you near the end of the set and start to sag slightly think about slight ppt and hollow body, it should help.
Too much lean and also many reps and because of that you cannot maintain correct PPT. Do it shirtless to see your scapula at the top.
Even thought you've improved your overall form since the beginning, but still a long way. Is a hard PE I'm on it too ![]()
Like Adriano said, you don't seem to be able to maintain proper PPT or protraction with this degree of lean. Decrease the lean until you can maintain both and then slowly increase the lean as you get stronger.