This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 easyer than PE1

Started by Riku Calderón, March 13, 2014 · 11 Replies · 423 Views

Riku Calderón

Have anyone else had thes experience?

 

I did work quite hard with skiers but I think PE2 is done in two weeks :D

Micawberian

Yea I think a few people have experienced this. For me it was PE1 for 6 months, mastery everything else up to SE2 in 2 weeks. If I remember correctly, PE2 was so easy I tested for PE3 mastery the same day lol.

Jon Douglas

Yeah, several times. Fix a weak link, go forward two or three sometimes. Nice little mental boost after a 12 weeker

wheezer
Jon Douglas said:

Nice little mental boost after a 12 weeker

 

Yeah Jon spending 12 weeks on one element must be terrible.  <_<

 

:P

dritar

I felt the SLS PE2 was very easy, except for the twisting squats part. Those took me the full 12 weeks and then one more 4 week cycle.

jjrohal

PE1 was easy for me, and at first I thought PE2 was easy, until I recorded myself and saw I wasn't going deep enough. Now it's more challenging than PE1, especially with all the twisting squats.

lnick1975

I found the twisting squats awkward at first. But the exercise itself easy. I've found this for a few leg exercises so far. But my thought about testing for mastery is....even if I can test out of an exercise, if its something I've never done or if its been a long time since I've done it, why skip it? I'll only make gains by doing it rather than not.

Riku Calderón

Good point. I made promise to my self when I started that I do 4 weeks of everything minimum. No matter how easy it is. I have changed it to two weeks now.

Keilani Gutierrez

you can always cycle your warm ups. intensity drops over time on them, so it will eventually be of moderate intensity for warming up, which is what the course material suggests.

Andre737

You can try to stay with your heel on the ground and use a stance which is more narrow.

DonGray

Guys I find it very difficult to go all the way down in the cossack squat (keeping my foot flat)- is it still mastery if I use a weight plate for balance?

I think my ankles are too stiff...or do i have to go up onto my toes?

jjrohal
DonGray said:

Guys I find it very difficult to go all the way down in the cossack squat (keeping my foot flat)- is it still mastery if I use a weight plate for balance?

I think my ankles are too stiff...or do i have to go up onto my toes?

no, it's not mastery, and no, don't go up on your toes. just keep doing it with proper form and you'll improve with time. you can speed this up by doing more stretching. for stiff ankles you can try spending time in a deep squat with heels on the floor.