What really made things click for you?

Started by Bipocni, March 13, 2014 · 4 Replies · 4,161 Views

Bipocni

Fingers crossed this thread will make sticky....

 

What mobilization, stretch, cue or otherwise really made something 'click' for you?  I'm hoping to get a decent thread going with general tips, epic stretches and other good advice.

 

I'll go first.  The stretch shown in this video instantly fixed my forward leaning posture in RFESS.

 

Keilani Gutierrez

the couch stretch is a good one, along with the solo hip flexor stretch was the first time I actually felt my quads sore from stretching. don't know to what extent it influences it but to actually do it with your femur lined up with your body makes you feel some interesting sensations on the side of your leg all the way upto your hip.

 

for upper body- he does one Mob. on the floor with a lacrosse ball in his T-spine and a barbell overhead. also, taping the lacrosse ball to the barbell to massage my armpits + pec minor + first rib.

Micawberian

A cue that drastically changed the shape of my handstand: the "ribs in" posture is as if you are zipping up a jacket. Credit goes to Mark Collins. Another helpful cue for ribs in is to pretend someone is trying to poke you in the sternum. Voila, ribs are in.

 

A stretch that makes a lot of sense to me, and helps lots with the hip flexors is the diagonal stretch. Credit to Ido Portal.

 

A rehab tool excellent for wrists is the gyro ball. This tool is invaluable. Credit to Yuri Marmerstein.

Lastly, something to make your shoulder girdle, neck, and wrists feel amazing - undergrip dislocates. Credit to Sommer

So thankful for all these people willing to pass their knowledge on :)

Murray Truelove

Just about anything by Kit. Every time I watch one of his videos I learn something revolutionary.

Richard Sassoon

Since I started releasing some knots in my pecs and foam rolling my lats I have improved quite a bit in my shoulder flexion and extension. Thanks to TANSTAAFL for pointing me in that direction.

 

Kit's piriformis stretch, Ido's squat clinic and Gold Medal Bodies hip mobility routine have been slowly helping my hips internal rotation.

I started performing that diagonal stretch today and it felt also great for my hips and quads.

 

This one from Kino Yoga is helping me with my pancake.