This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Form Check

Started by wheezer, March 13, 2014 · 3 Replies · 180 Views

wheezer

I raced out to my rings anchor point just after sunset tonight - looked beautiful.

 

Working on 6r hinge rows and thought I'd post a form check. It's the first time I've ever seen myself do them.

 

 

It's hard to see, but butt never rests on ground.

 

 

Things that stood out to me:

  • sitting too far forward, which means I can't close hips at 90degrees and I arch my back/protract head forward
  • APT every now and then, I'll focus on constant PPT (which I actually find helps make the hinge easier)
  • rings were a tad too low, a half inch higher and contraction was much stronger
Jennifer

In the course video, the athlete has his shoulders directly under his hands in the down position.    Also, he doesn't close his hips to 90 deg.;  it's more that he raises his torso completely vertical.

 

ETA:  beautiful sunset. 

Eric HARDOUIN

From what I see you're probably doing too much, looking for extra-perfect form and specifically squeezing too hard / long during the top position. I mean, it's excellent as itself (like face pulls) but 5X15 could be quite hard and over-aiming for the first step of F1...

(sorry for the english)

wheezer

Thanks guys. True, my rings are much lower than in the course video, and it means im closing hips more. I'll raise the rings, start with arms vertical and hinge torso to vertical. I do love that squeeze at the top heh heh, but need to focus on the movement,

Wish I got a shot of the ocean Jen, it was a deep emerald purple.

Eric your English is excellent!