Hi,
Today I recorded 2 videos and i would really appreciate some critique on my form.
1)
2)
Started by kaalli, March 11, 2014 · 12 Replies · 3,328 Views
Hi,
Today I recorded 2 videos and i would really appreciate some critique on my form.
1)
2)
Hips should be in line with your shoulders.
Someone with protracted scapulae asking about form?
Am I dreaming?
Cody is right, get your hips in line with your shoulders, and point your toes.
Your protraction looks fine, but it's hard to tell with a black shirt, or any shirt for that matter.
Thank you all.
Today I decided to record another video on which I used your tips. I think form is well now, but im not sure, please check it.
Thank you. ![]()
I don't know if i should stop my training, because I have not finished yet my advanced tuck planche training. I'm in 2nd week now(I'm holding 10sets of 6sec adv tuck PL, 4 times in week), all takes 8 weeks. I should go back to tuck planche? ![]()
Let your lower legs touch the floor instead of trying to save yourself quickly. Time under tension (TUT) helps out even when you feel yourself losing strength.
Take the dumbbell that you have and hold it, loosely, straight out in front of you for as long as possible. When you feel the weight starting to lower allow it to slowly lower but also do your best to try to keep it up until it reaches your side. Do the same with the other arm and also out to the side and behind you. If you do this you will strengthen the shoulder muscles needed for planche.
Also, from two chairs or parallel bars get up into L-sit, press into tuck planche then back into L-sit. If you do this you will help your body learn how to press through multiple planes.
GoldenEagle said:Let your lower legs touch the floor instead of trying to save yourself quickly. Time under tension (TUT) helps out even when you feel yourself losing strength.
Take the dumbbell that you have and hold it, loosely, straight out in front of you for as long as possible. When you feel the weight starting to lower allow it to slowly lower but also do your best to try to keep it up until it reaches your side. Do the same with the other arm and also out to the side and behind you. If you do this you will strengthen the shoulder muscles needed for planche.
Also, from two chairs or parallel bars get up into L-sit, press into tuck planche then back into L-sit. If you do this you will help your body learn how to press through multiple planes.
Thank you for it! I will add this exercises to my actual training.
Take the dumbbell that you have and hold it, loosely, straight out in front of you for as long as possible. When you feel the weight starting to lower allow it to slowly lower but also do your best to try to keep it up until it reaches your side. Do the same with the other arm and also out to the side and behind you. If you do this you will strengthen the shoulder muscles needed for planche.
This isn't really that useful of an exercise. Planche leans and going back to tuck planche (like zach mentioned) with correct hip height is the best way to go.
Daniel Burnham said:This isn't really that useful of an exercise. Planche leans and going back to tuck planche (like zach mentioned) with correct hip height is the best way to go.
It helped me out.
Daniel, you have access to a 25lb dumbbell don't you? Granted your shoulder strength may be stronger than the original poster, try the static hold with a 25lb dumbbell. I wouldn't doubt a 30lb dumbbell would give you some trouble. Besides the static hold just mimics what goes on when doing planche. You have to press your weight upward.
GoldenEagle said:It helped me out.
Daniel, you have access to a 25lb dumbbell don't you? Granted your shoulder strength may be stronger than the original poster, try the static hold with a 25lb dumbbell. I wouldn't doubt a 30lb dumbbell would give you some trouble. Besides the static hold just mimics what goes on when doing planche. You have to press your weight upward.
Yes of course I do. And I have done these to try and help but at his level they are not needed. They are actually better performed with a hollow body laying on a bench. The standing variation doesn't work well because it is hard to feel the push out from the serratus and scapula becomes harder to control correctly. This is way to much of an explanation to basically say that at the lower level leans and tuck planche accomplish all of this and more.
Daniel Burnham said:Yes of course I do. And I have done these to try and help but at his level they are not needed. They are actually better performed with a hollow body laying on a bench. The standing variation doesn't work well because it is hard to feel the push out from the serratus and scapula becomes harder to control correctly. This is way to much of an explanation to basically say that at the lower level leans and tuck planche accomplish all of this and more.
Well, it helped me more than the planche leans have.
Oh...I almost forgot. Do the static hold Daniel says isn't needed with the dumbbell, out in front of you, in your hand and your palm facing the ceiling. The longer you hold a given thing up the heavier it well become for your interior shoulder muscles.
In that case I would like to see your lean and tuck planche. There may be a weak point you are not aware of.GoldenEagle said:Well, it helped me more than the planche leans have.
Daniel Burnham said:In that case I would like to see your lean and tuck planche. There may be a weak point you are not aware of.
I used to be a competitive, sprinting, swimmer.(400m Butterfly, Free, and Breast) I know how to protract and retract my scapula. I am already way ahead of you on dealing with my own weaknesses. [iE: Handstand shrugs (Scapular elevations while in handstand) and Scapular depressions while performing an l-sit with rings or parallel bars]
To help strengthen my own scapular protraction and retraction there are ring push ups with my feet elevated, elevated Bulgarian ring rows and I am working on pelicans.
For lower back strength I am doing reverse hyper extensions. For mobility in my upper and lower back, I am doing the yoga positions known as Plow, Scorpion, Lotus, Upward and downward facing dog, Bow, fish and eleven others.