I know my form isn't the greatest, so I'm starting back at square one and just need some constructive criticism.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
SL/PE 1 form check
Started by PrimalMove, March 11, 2014 · 9 Replies · 209 Views
don't let your knees bend. besides that, looks good to me.
jjrohal said:don't let your knees bend. besides that, looks good to me.
Thank you for the feedback. It took awhile, but I'm just not getting the hang of keeping my toes pointed and together. I thought I was completely extended and my shorts were just making it appear that I wasn't, but after attempting it again, I noticed the higher and farther I tried to extend and arch my quads would slightly give.
Good thoracic extension but your legs should be higher in my opinion.
Andre737 said:Good thoracic extension but your legs should be higher in my opinion.
I'm really working on that. I believe it's due to my hips flexors being tight, and my quads disengaging.
Yes. Feet need to be at head height if not slightly higher. Try squeezing your glutes more. Should help some.
Yeah, I'm seeing a lack of glute activation. Front could use a bit more arching too, lift your head up and look forward-- ensure you are arching from the neck too.
Not far off, but not quite ![]()
What helped me with glute activation is right before getting into the abh I a) pull my legs out as much as possible like I'm lengthening my body b) perform a quick PPT c) Activate glutes. My legs raise pretty high and feel like they're held strictly by the glutes.
Nash said:What helped me with glute activation is right before getting into the abh I a) pull my legs out as much as possible like I'm lengthening my body b) perform a quick PPT c) Activate glutes. My legs raise pretty high and feel like they're held strictly by the glutes.
Mirrors my experience, yep.
Nash said:What helped me with glute activation is right before getting into the abh I a) pull my legs out as much as possible like I'm lengthening my body b) perform a quick PPT c) Activate glutes. My legs raise pretty high and feel like they're held strictly by the glutes.
Jon Douglas said:Yeah, I'm seeing a lack of glute activation. Front could use a bit more arching too, lift your head up and look forward-- ensure you are arching from the neck too.
Not far off, but not quite
I'll add this plus the other ques I've been studying in the stickied post.
Thank you both for the extra help!