People Around the World Pose With Everything They Eat in a Day
Started by Ravn, March 11, 2014 · 8 Replies · 2,760 Views
Anyone else seen the chart of 'average weight' on wikipedia? The US and Europe average at like, 20kg heavier than africa or asia.
S
Bipocni said:Anyone else seen the chart of 'average weight' on wikipedia? The US and Europe average at like, 20kg heavier than africa or asia.
Frames differ.
Bipocni said:Anyone else seen the chart of 'average weight' on wikipedia? The US and Europe average at like, 20kg heavier than africa or asia.
Regarding that, I found it rather amusing when looking at the tag in a sports shirt I once got for my birthday. The sizing was:
EU: M
Asia: L
US: XS
![]()
Bipocni said:Anyone else seen the chart of 'average weight' on wikipedia? The US and Europe average at like, 20kg heavier than africa or asia.
Given that e.g. 90 percent of Indians are (poor) vegetarians, that's hardly surprising.
They should've added a "typical" american diet, and we would've been really stunned. The model who represented US was atypical, except in the sense that more of her food was packaged and processed than other countries.
MT Nordic said:They should've added a "typical" american diet, and we would've been really stunned. The model who represented US was atypical, except in the sense that more of her food was packaged and processed than other countries.
In the actual book they have diets in excess of 6500 calories a day. Admittedly, this was an Eskimo who subsisted on whale blubber but still.....
Bissen said:Regarding that, I found it rather amusing when looking at the tag in a sports shirt I once got for my birthday. The sizing was:
EU: M
Asia: L
US: XS
You should have seen me trying to buy jeans in Japan >.<
My female friends didn't even try-- everything bought online.
The average height in NA is what, 5'11/180cm. In asia it is 5'6/167cm, lets not even mention ethiopia. So average weights will vary.
Though yes north america has an obesity problem, and the problem lies not in culture but the availability of cheap junk food that provides calories with no nutrients, so when you are done eating you are left craving more because your body just isn't getting what it needs. That's my theory.
Anytime I get a craving to eat something now, I eat a banana or an apple, who does that these days, everyone I know stops at 7 11 to get corndogs and potato wedges.